13 October, 2009

What a fun weekend I had!

It was a busy and very productive weekend for me!!  Firstly, we had big team training on Saturday at my uplines upline ~ Jacque's place, which was doubly good because not only did we do swaps (where you make a whole lot of one project and then swap it for one of everyone else's), we also made two make n' takes, which I love doing. It makes a nice change to be the student rather than the teacher.

As many of you know, I had a Christmas Card class planned for Sunday afternoon. I couldn't believe how organised I was and I had the projects all sorted, cut and prepared on the Friday night. Well, after our team swapping on Saturday ~ I decided to change two of my three projects and CASE (copy and share everything) two of the swaps because they were sooooo awesome!!  I swear the swaps are getting better and better each time and we've got a heap of talented ladies in our group. It's a very easy card to make using the reverse masking technique.  
So then, because I decided to change what we were doing, I was up till after 2am Sat night preparing and cutting etc. I'm a sucker for punishment, that's for sure! Fortunately, I'm a bit of a night owl so there were no midnight mishaps. Here is my favourite card of the three that we made on Sunday, at the Christmas Card class. My bow looks overly big in this photo (I'm no photographer that's for sure!!), but is fine in the flesh. I cased it from the wonderfully talented Kristine McNickle. You can view her blog HERE

Stamps: Season of Joy (113023), So Swirly Jumbo Wheel (109683).
Cardstock: Night of Navy (106277), Bashful Blue (106565), Whisper White (106549).
Ink: Night of Navy (102977), Bashful Blue (105209).
Accessories: Night of Navy 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon.
Tools: 1-1/4" Circle Punch (104403),
1" Circle Punch (109046), Dotto (103305), Sponge Daubers (102896), Stamping Sponges (101610), Mat Pack (105826), Mini Glue Dots (103683). 




1 comment:

  1. Looks great & yes you are a sucker for no sleep but who am I to talk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really enjoy reading them. Regards, Debbie