07 November, 2009

Christmas Card Class Part II

I held my second Christmas card class last weekend and these were the cards we made (2 each of the 3 designs). The card on the right used the Tree Trimming stamp set from the Spring Mini Catalogue and is very reasonably priced at $28.95.  Items in this catalogue are only available until the end of the month. I cased the card from my very talented upline, Karen. You can view her blog here.  There are so many great designs using these baubles, so if you are interested let me know and I'll email you some of them.  It's quite hard to see from the photo, but the little bows have been tied using the linen thread. A very cute idea!
 

The card on the left was cased from Patrice Halliday-Larsen which was the swap I received at our last big team training. I think it's soooooo adorable and just love it!  I'm sorry that I couldn't do the card justice and tried several times to use my brayer but got a disastrous result, so I resorted to Rudolph being mounted on Going Grey CS which gives a similar effect of Rudolph's nose glowing in the dark. 
 
The middle card I created myself (which I think is amazing, that I have found the time to do so ~ admittedly, it was somewhere between midnight and 2am one night) although the layout is quite common. The Christmas tree is from the Snow Swirled stamp set ($53.95 for 6 stamps) and is stamped in silver and clear embossed.  I've used a green Rhinestone Brad from the Circle Ice set ($23.95 for 84 brads) on top of the tree which is quite effective.

1 comment:

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really enjoy reading them. Regards, Debbie