22 March, 2011

Bleach blond

No, I haven't dyed my hair blond - can you imagine how hideous that would be! {gasp}, but I have been dying cardstock. I held a repeat Bleaching Technique class over the weekend and for one of the projects, we coloured in the flowers with bleach, on Pear Pizzazz cardstock. Here's the end result which I really like, teamed with the black. It was a card that Jacque had shown us, using Blushing Bride and Basic Grey, which was just as effective. 


A wee hint is to use fresh bleach when you do this technique. Otherwise the chemical reaction just doesn't happen - not even after four layers and drying the cardstock each time {trust me, I'm speaking from experience}. By using fresh bleach straight from the bottle, the cardstock lightens before your very eyes, and saves a whole lot of time and effort.

Stamp Set: Elements of Style
Cardstock: Pear Pizzazz, Basic Black, Very Vanilla
Designer Paper: Pear Pizzazz (Level one Hostess reward)
Ink: Versamark
Accessories: Black Embossing Powder, Basic Pearls, Aqua Pen, Pear Pizzazz Stitched Poly Ribbon, Beautiful Wings Embosslits Die, Vintage Wallpaper Embossing folder, Lattice Embossing folder, Ovals Original Die.

Hope your week is going well :)

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Debi. I MUST try this technique myself. Thanks for the tip on using fresh bleach ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks really effective in these colours. Love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really enjoy reading them. Regards, Debbie