25 April, 2011

ANZAC Day

Did you manage to get down to an ANZAC service today to pay your respect? I attended the parade and service at Hobsonville, which was amazing. Such a great turn out despite the very wet weather. It always makes me feel so patriotic when I hear the bugle and see all the men and women in their uniforms. For those of you who didn't know - I use to be in the Royal New Zealand Air Force, which now seems a life time ago... Funny though, that when I popped into the RSA afterwards it didn't seem long at all. I'm always amazed at how you can pick up with some people as if you've never been away. It was a fun few hours and hopefully, we'll all have another get together, the same time next year.

"Lest We Forget" 

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old;
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really enjoy reading them. Regards, Debbie