16 May, 2011

Inaugural Challenge...

I'm excited to tell you that I'm entering this card into my first ever challenge, over at Just Add Ink (JAI 67). I only hope I can follow the instructions okay and link this post. I can be a bit technically challenged at times, so fingers crossed, it'll work okay and it'll be the first of many...

I've been wanting to make some flower embellishments for a while and finally over the weekend, I sat down and made some.  I'm really pleased with how they turned out and they're so easy that you can't really go wrong. Here's a link to Tania Gould's blog.  She has step by step instructions to take the guess work out of making them. Many thanks Tania, for the inspiration and instructions. Now that I see the photo though, I'm thinking that maybe I should have stuck with three flowers the same size because that big one is quite overbearing... What do you think?


Stamp set: Clearly for You
Cardstock: Cherry Cobbler, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, Old Olive
Designer Paper: Botanical Gazette
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Chocolate Chip, Old Olive
Accessories: Eyelet Border Punch, Circles #2 Original Die, Old Olive and Cherry Cobbler Stampin' Markers, Basic Pearls, Modern Label Punch.

7 comments:

  1. ...and you've never entered a challenge because???? Wow!!! what a beautiful card for your debut. Thanks for choosing JAI for you first challenge. I like the bigger rose and the lovely frilled scallop edging for your frame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous entry for your first ever challenge, love those flowers, well done! So glad you played along with the Just Add Ink challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie, that's divine! I can't believe you've never entered a challenge before! Your creations are beautiful - and this is no exception. Your flowers are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, Debbie! Congratulations on taking the plunge, and entering a challenge - beware, though, it's addictive! I look forward to seeing lots more of your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW - thank you for acknowledging me in your post. I love your card and your roses - so so so pretty!!!! It was great to see you playing along at Just Add Ink!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, gorgeous card Debbie. What a debut into challenges, go you! Hope to see you playing with Just Add Ink again really soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really enjoy reading them. Regards, Debbie