17 April, 2014

Starburst Sayings and Flower Shop Birthday

As promised, here's the birthday card that I made my youngest daughter Bridgette, who turned 18 years young, last Sunday. 

I thoroughly enjoyed making her this Card in a Box. These are fun to make and have been doing the rounds for the last few months. It took me longer than usual because Bridgette doesn't have a favourite colour, so I was left to my own devices. I'm not very decisive at the best of times, so after trying a few different combinations, I settled on Sweet Sorbet Designer paper (unfortunately, it's no longer available) and the coordinating colours that go withit. 




It looks better in real life and Bridgette loved it. She loves flowers too, so it was an easy decision on the embellishments. 



And, here's a close up of the flowers - all from Flower Shop.


Stamp set: Starburst Sayings, Flower Shop
Card: Whisper White, Calypso Coral, Soft Sky, Summer Starfruit, Silver Glimmer Paper
Designer Series Paper: Sweet Sorbet (2014 SAB retired)
Ink: Calypso Coral, Soft Sky, Summer Starfruit, Crisp Cantaloupe
Accessories: Rhinestone Basic Jewels
Tools: Pansy Punch, 1 3/4" Scallop Circle Punch, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, Small Heart, Elegant Butterfly Punch, Bitty Butterfly Punch, Big Shot, Starburst Framelits Die, Typeset Alphabet Bigz Die

One of our family traditions is to do a treasure hunt. Even though Bridgette turned 18, I wasn't going to let her miss it. I think I enjoy the treasure hunts more than the girls do - but I don't care - it's my thing I like to do.  And, if it means receiving another few gifts, they're happy to oblige. I'm thinking that for their next birthday, I might do a scavenger hunt to mix it up a bit. 

I was lucky enough to be able to spend most of the day with Bridgette for her birthday which I loved!! It's always a bit of a juggling act, because I have to share my girls with their Dad, friends and boyfriends (now they're older). We had a lovely day and managed to squeeze in a bit of shopping, had a manicure and our eyebrows and lashes tinted and shaped. The time went too fast and before we knew it, the day was over for another year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really enjoy reading them. Regards, Debbie